I’m going to show you how to get better productivity using Microsoft teams tips and tricks.
Useful Microsoft Teams Tip & Tricks for beginners.
Enable Dark Mode/Dark Theme
It a very useful for long-hours users and those who get eyestrain easily with the default white background. To change or enable the dark theme:
- Click the “ Profile icon “.
- Enter “ Settings ”.
- On the theme section, choose “ Dark Theme “.
Working with the app and getting notifications every five minutes seems distracting & annoying. Fortunately, all notifications can be adjusted or disabled:
- Go to your “ Profile “.
- Go to ” Settings “.
- Click “ Notifications ” to change/disable/manage.
How To Save Messages
A useful everyday tip when you have multiple chats teams and channels. With this feature, you can’t lose those important messages from a colleague, with the save option. To save a message:
- Move the cursor to the right sub-corner of the message.
- Click on the “Ellipsis (option) Button”.
- Click “ Save This Message”.
To find all saved messages:
- Click on your “Profile”.
- Click on “Saved”. All saved messages are now on the left side.
How To Pin Channels/Teams Page
A feature for those with a lot of channels/Teams. To keep an overview of your essential teams and channels you can pin them to always be at the top of the list on the team’s page.
- At the left-hand tab, Click “ Teams “.
- Navigate to the “Channel”.
- Click the “Ellipsis(•••) Button”.
- Click “Pin”.
Use Command To Navigate Microsoft Team/Channel
Here is a way to quickly navigate to a channel or teams.
- At the top, click the “ Search or Type a Command ” bar.
- Type the command /goto followed by the first letter or name of a channel.
As an Admin or Team Owner, you want to keep chats and conversations on serious-minded basics. You have the ability to do that in the fun stuff options in your Teams.
- Right-click on the “ Channel “
- Go to “ Manage Team “.
- Click “ Settings “.
- Under the option Fun stuff, you uncheck each box to turn everything off.
Turn File Into A Tab
To work efficiently in a channel where you saved a file that you often use. You can easily access it quickly by making it a tab.
- Enter “ Channel “.
- At the top of the chat section of the channel, click “ Files “.
- Navigate to the File, you want. Click on the “ Ellipsis(•••) button “.
- Click “ Make this a tab “.
Now you can quickly access the file you often work on the channel.
How To Copy Team Template
A feature for team admins/Owners who want to create a team with the same structure as Previous teams or channels.
- Bottom left, Click “ Join or Create a Team “.
- Click on “ Create Team “.
- A window pop-up, choose “ Create a team using an existing team as a template “.
- Choose an existing team, then select “ Choose team “.
Using Files Stored In Cloud ☁️ Storage
With Microsoft Teams, you can work on a file stored in Cloud ☁️ without opening a new program. To access this feature:
- Click the Left-hand tab, and click on “ Files “.
- Click on “ Add cloud storage “. You can use your OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive account to access the file in Cloud.