we have come to a revolution where digital payments like Venmo are widely used all over the world and from statistics there is a growing increase in the percentage of users who uses digital payment for the various transaction.
Officially owned by PayPal in 2013, Venmo is a popular app that lets you send and receive money digitally. The Venmo app is a cash-free way of transacting money and it’s available for both iOS and Android. The venom is so easy to use, that as an influencer you can use venom to request payment on apps like TikTok and so on.
The Best Ways On How To Use Venmo
How To Add A Bank Account or Card on Venmo
Once you download the app and follow the prompts for creating an account, you can add a bank account, credit card, or debit card for handling transactions. To add a Bank account or card:
- At the top, Go to the hamburger menu.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Press “Payment Methods”.
- To add a bank account, credit card, or debit card. Press “Add bank or card”. (Note: Sending money from a bank account or debit card is free on Venmo, but it will charge a 3% fee for sending money with a credit card).
How To Verifying your Bank Account on Venmo
If adding a bank account, you will have two options for verification. Using instant verification will have you sign in to your bank account to instantly verify.
You also have the option to do a manual verification, which involves inputting your bank’s routing and account number. This option can take a few days.
How To Send And Request Money on Venmo
Once your account is verified, you are ready to send or request money from someone. Press the “Pay or Request” button if you would like to send money to someone or if you would like to request money from someone.
In the search bar, you will find your list of friends. If you signed up using your Facebook account or gave Venmo access to your phone contacts, you may see friends pulled from these sources. You can search for someone to pay or request money from at the top. Venmo offers several ways to search, You can search people by their:
- Venmo username,
- Phone number or,
- Email address.
Each Venmo account also includes a unique QR code that can be scanned to make sure you are paying the right person.
You can find your username and QR code by clicking on your profile picture in the top left on the home screen.
Once you confirm you have the right person, press on their name then you can set your payment or request for payment. Put in the amount and Underneath it, you can add a payment description.
You can also add fun things like emojis and gifs to your payments. Press through the different icons at the bottom to see what is available.
To the right, you will see your privacy setting. Pressing that will reveal a menu that allows you to choose who that payment or request will be visible to.
Choose “Pay” if you are sending money to that person or “Request” if you are requesting money from that person. For this example, you are going to choose “Pay.” you can see your Venmo balance, which will accumulate as people pay you.
Venmo will always use your Venmo balance first as a payment option and if that balance does not cover the transaction, it will use your bank account or card that you added.
To send your payment, press “Send.” If you were going to request money, the process is very similar. You would just choose “Request” instead of “Pay.”
How To Transfer money To Bank Account
If you’d like to transfer money from Venmo account to your bank account:
- Go to the hamburger menu.
- Next to your balance, you will see “Manage balance.” Press it.
- You will see options “Transfer to Bank” and “Add Money.” (“Add Money” will allow you to transfer money into your Venmo account from a bank account, but we want to move money from Venmo to our bank account).
- choose “Transfer to Bank.” Venmo gives two options, an instant transfer that charges a fee and a free option, which can take a few days. To transfer instantly, Venmo will charge a 1% fee up to $10. Choose an amount you would like to transfer and press the “Transfer” button when you are ready.