Google Chromecast is a handy cheap gadget that allows you to listen to music, stream video, and photos to your TV via your computer or mobile. Getting started with the gadget, you need to understand How To Use Chromecast. It’s got newer, more complicated, and more powerful to use Chromecast on Tv. The ways to set it up vary just enough to make different instructions necessary, so if you got that device continues reading this article to set up:
- Chromecast with Google TV.
- Chromecast on Android.
- Chromecast on iPad.
- Chromecast from MacBook.
You will learn how to set up and use the third-generation Google Chromecast.
How To Use Chromecast
How To Setup Chromecast
To set up Chromecast, you need to:
- First, plug the power cable into your Chromecast.
- Plug the Chromecast into your TV’s HDMI port and plug the power adapter into a wall outlet.
- Make sure your TV is tuned to the same input as your Chromecast.
- Download the Google Home app from your phone’s app store.
- Open the app and tap “Get Started” in the bottom right.
- Select the email account you want to be linked to the device and tap “OK.”
- Now create or choose a home for your device and give it a nickname.
- then scroll down and type in your address and tap “Next.”
- Make sure your location access is on.
- Your phone will then look for devices.
- The app will then ask what device you’re setting up.
- Tap “Chromecast.”
- Make sure your device is plugged in and tap “Next”.
- Once found, hit “Next” on the bottom right and follow the prompts to finish your setup.
How to Add Services To Chromecast
You can link other devices to your Chromecast during or after the setup of the device. We’ll show you how to set up a couple of them through the Google Home app.
How To cast Spotify To TV
- Tap on “Media” in the top left corner of your screen.
- Then tap “Music” under “Manage your system.”
- Next, tap “Spotify.”
- Make sure you download the Spotify app on your phone.
- To play music, click “Media” on the home screen.
- Then tap to listen on the Chromecast device.
- You can switch through songs and change the volume on your Google Home app.
How to use Netflix on your Chromecast
Open the Google Home app:
- Tap “Media” on the home screen.
- scroll down to “Videos” under “Add services.” Tap “LINK” under Netflix and confirm that you would like to link by tapping “LINK ACCOUNT.”
- Then follow the prompts.
How To connect Netflix to Tv
- Open up the Netflix app on your phone.
- Now tap the casting icon in the top right.
- Lastly, select your Chromecast device.
How To connect Chromecast From Laptop
To cast from your laptop, you need to:
- Open up Google Chrome.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the top right.
- scroll down and click “Cast.”
- Finally, select the device location name.
How To Cast From Your phone
You can go to apps directly. For example,
- Open your YouTube app and tap on the casting icon on the top right of your screen.
- Then select your Chromecast device.
- Once you’ve selected a video, tap “Play” in the square, and it should pop up on your TV.
- The video will keep playing, even if you close the app and use other functions on your phone.
You can also use Google Assistant in the Google Home app to cast. Just Tap the microphone at the bottom of the screen and say a command.
For example, you can say, “Play Spotify on TV.” You can then adjust the volume and change songs on your app.