In this article, I am going to show you how to link YouTube app for iOS and Android devices on TV. YouTube makes it possible to link a YouTube mobile app using the YouTube app on a smart TV or connected streaming device, such as Roku.
After you pair the YouTube app with your TV, you ‘ll be able to navigate the YouTube app on your phone to find content, but then you will have the ability to watch the video on the connected YouTube TV app. Linking your YouTube app on your mobile device with a TV can be done in a matter of minutes.
Now let’s walk through the steps to link your YouTube app with a TV so you can search for content in the YouTube mobile app and then watch YouTube content on your TV.
How to Link YouTube app to TV Using iOS and Android Devices
- Make sure the YouTube app is installed on the device you want to pair the YouTube app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device with, and that you’re signed in with your YouTube account on that device.
- Launch the YouTube app on the device you want to link the YouTube app on your Apple or Android device with.
- Select the “Settings” icon on the YouTube home screen. The settings icon looks like a gear. In the YouTube Roku app, the Settings icon appears at the bottom of the menu column along the left edge of the screen.
- Tap “Link with TV icon” in the options menu in the Settings menu, Most importantly, at the bottom of the link with the TV Code screen you will see the YouTube pairing code required to link the YouTube app on your TV. Leave the screen open so you can come back to the number shortly.
- Launch the YouTube app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device..
- Click on your profile icon in the upper right corner of the YouTube app home screen.
- Tap “Settings” towards the bottom of the list.
- Click on “Watch on TV” in the Settings menu.
- Click on “Enter TV Code” in the link with the TV Code section.
- Enter the number from the Link with TV Code screen displayed in the YouTube app on your TV in the TV code entry field in the YouTube mobile app.
- A blue check mark will appear to the right of your YouTube pairing code entered if the number is correct.
- Press the blue “Link” button after entering a valid code.
- Now, when you tap on the connect to device icon in the top right corner of the YouTube app going forward a menu will fly from the bottom of the screen that will show you the connected TV as an option to connect.
So guys that’s how to link YouTube app to iPhone, iPad and Android devices on TV. if you have any issues concerning the linking of your YouTube to TV feel free to contact us.