Are Looking for a way to use apps to send money from USA to Nigeria on your mobile device? Here is a list of the best apps for sending money from USA to Nigeria. Using a banking app or USSD code can help you to send money from one bank to another.
What if you move to the United States and want to transfer money to your family or friends in Nigeria?
Over the years, Western Union has been a way to send money across but faces issues with high fees. Alternative methods are Gift cards or crypto which have made it easier and faster with low fees.
But there are easier ways to do such transactions, which involve using apps to send money from USA to Nigeria, and we have listed those apps in this article:
Factors to Consider Using apps to send money from USA to Nigeria
There are many factors to consider when sending money from USA to Nigeria. Here are the main points you should consider:
- Exchange rate: The rate depends on the provider you choose due to market fluctuations. You want to look for a provider that offers a competitive and transparent exchange rate that is close to the mid-market rate.
- Transfer fees: Providers charge fees for each transfer, and this fee depends on the payment method. For example, some providers may charge more if you pay with a credit card than a bank account. look for a provider with low or no fees.
- Speed of transaction: The time it takes for money to reach the recipient in Nigeria depends on several factors such as processing time, and payment method. Some providers offer instant or same-day transfers. Look for a provider that offers fast speed with low fees.
- Security: Sending money online involves some risks, such as fraud, scams, or data breaches. A provider that is licensed and regulated by the authorities in both the USA and Nigeria that uses encryption and other security measures to protect your personal and financial information. You also want to check the provider’s reputation and customer reviews to see how reliable and trustworthy they are.
How to Receive Money from USA to Nigeria
Here is a simpler way to explain how to receive money from USA to Nigeria:
- Choose how you want to get the money. There are different ways, such as through your bank, online platforms, mobile money, or cryptocurrency. Each way has its Pros and Cons, such as speed, and fees.
- You need to prepare the information to set up the required account you choose. For example, if you want to use your bank, you need to have a bank account in Nigeria and know the swift code.
- Send the details to the sender like account details. For example, using an online platform, you need to share the username or email address of the platform.
- keep track of the transaction progress. You can check the status of the transaction online or by contacting customer service. stay in touch with the sender and let them know if there are any problems or delays.
- Confirm you have received the money and check how much it is. Sometimes, there may be some fees or charges that reduce the amount. You can withdraw the money to your bank account.
Best 9 Apps to Send Money from USA To Nigeria (Android and iOS) 2023
WorldRemit is one of the best platforms in several countries for international transfers which makes it a trust app to transfer money from USA to Nigerians. The money transfer app is currently operating worldwide in over 120 countries. Using the app makes it convenient to send money from one country to another and you benefit from a low exchange rate. WorldRemit is available for download on Android and iOS. Transferring money from the USA to Nigeria involves two methods:
- Using Bank transfer.
- Using Airtime Top up.
What makes WorldRemit great is that it’s regulated by the British Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). WorldRemit processing speed using bank transfer takes a day while Airtime top-up takes less than 10 minutes.
- No hidden charges
- Low exchange rate.
This fintech app operates in over 100 countries across the world. Send and receive money in the comfort of your home using the mobile app. Remitly is a trusted option for people seeking a secure, fast, and satisfying experience with a high-ranking review. Receiving money in Nigeria can be done by cash pickup or Bank deposit. Receive Cash pickup and Bank deposits with partner banks in Nigeria including Fidelity Bank, First Bank, GTBank, Access Bank, FCMB, UBA, Zenith Bank, and more. It has a fully dedicated 24/7 excellent customer support to assist its users.
Remitly is so convenient, secure, and fully licensed.
- Fixed transaction fees.
- Fast transaction speed (minutes)
- Available on Web and Mobile Apps.
- Cash Pickup Option.
Formerly Known as TransferWise. This app makes it easy to send money from anywhere in the world. Wise works in over 70+ countries and supports over 50 different currencies. Creating an account with Wise gives you access to its virtual dollar card to shop online, and you can order a physical card for £7 which works in over 70+ countries. Having a wise account qualifies you to have account details in over 10 currencies to receive wire transfers from friends, family, and business partners.
They provide a very competitive exchange rate and low transaction fees.
- Multi-currency account to receive money in various countries.
- A Wise Card for spending.
- A Business Account and Debit card.
4. Western Union
Western Union is very popular and known as the leading money transfer app in the world. With this service, you can send and receive money worldwide at a considerable exchange rate. Western Union is safe, secure, and fast money transfers. Western Union operates in over 200+ countries, has over 4500+ agents located in Nigeria, and offers 24/7 services.
Receiving money in Nigeria is by cash pickup or bank deposit. For cash pickup, the receiver needs to provide the sender’s name, the amount expected, and the tracking number. Western Union is Fully licensed and has been moving money for over 146 years.
- Cash pickup is available.
- An excellent Tracking system of funds.
- Can easily be located worldwide.
Related Articles: Top Apps to Send Money from Ghana to Nigeria
This app is popular and the second-leading money transfer app in the world. You can send and receive money worldwide within 24 hours of a successful transfer. MoneyGram is a safe, secure means of transaction. They operate around 7 continents with approximately 350,000 agents and offer 24/7 services.
Receiving money using MoneyGram:
- cash pickup
- bank deposit
- mobile wallet
For cash pickup, the receiver needs to provide a Government ID card and the reference number of the transfer. Mobile wallet (MPesa) is only available in Kenya and Tanzania. some MoneyGram Agents in Nigeria are top banking firms like FCMB, Access Bank, Union Bank, EcoBank, Zenith, and more.
- Cash pickup service.
- Real-time Tracking of funds.
- Agents are easily located worldwide.
Pay4me was built to help students process financial transactions. They focused on helping international students pay for their tuition and fees to universities, colleges, and educational agencies. This financial app allows users to make fast payments to schools, businesses, and loved ones.
The app is available for Android and iOS devices. They have a reputable rating score and Good Reviews from users.
- support instant peer-to-peer transfers.
- East to use, and understand user interface.
- Real-Time History on Transaction.
- Loyalty offers and perks for users.
7. Pangea Money Transfer
This app has a secure way to send money from the US to the recipient in Nigeria. With Pangea you can easily pay international bills; its transfer speed is very fast and opening an account with Pangea gives access to a lot of features.
Receiving money from your friends and loved ones in the USA:
- Bank Deposit
- Cash Pick-Up
- Mobile Wallet
Pangea is easy to use and has a good intuitive user interface. It has an exchange rate tool that shows the fees and exact amount received by the recipient.
- Available on Web and Mobile App
- Low transaction fees
- Real-time tracking of transactions.
- High Security.
This is a multi-currency app used for sending and receiving money. This app comes with a lot of features and one of the reasons why you’ll love it is that. Eversend offers virtual debit cards for shopping and making payments. With the card, you’ll bypass the international spending limits in Nigeria.
- Low transaction fees.
- Multi-currency wallets
- Customer service
- High-level security
Sendwave is operated by the Chime, A Leading bank in the USA. This app is used and trusted by a lot of people. Sendwave is very easy to use. Sending money from the US to Nigeria isn’t always easy. With Sendwave, you can send money without delays.
Receiving money from the USA to Nigeria:
- Sendwave account to another Sendwave.
- Direct bank deposit
- cash pickup.
When it comes to fees, send charges 1% for a cash pickup and zero fees for sendware to sendware.
- Low fees
- Fast transfers through a user-friendly app
- 24/7 customer support
If you’re looking to send money from the US to Nigeria, there are several apps that can help you do so quickly and securely. Some of the best apps for sending money to Nigeria include Western Union, Wise, Remitly, and WorldRemit. These services offer low fees, competitive exchange rates, and fast transfer times, allowing you to send money to Nigeria with ease and confidence.