In today’s article, we’re going to be talking about the best apps to invest in stocks in Europe for 2022 and beyond.
Now a few things to know is that all these apps are all focused on one thing and that’s long-term investing we’re not going to speak about CFD, No day trading or anything short-term related or not long-term related. Also all the apps that I’m going to speak about can found in Europe but not in every country so make sure that the app that you choose is available in your country. If you are looking at buying crypto on your mobile device then see the best apps to but crypto on Android.
Top 5 Best Stocks Investment Apps in Europe
eToro is a pretty interesting app and the first thing that is really good about this app is that all stocks and all ETF’s are commission free, it literally means that you can buy all the stocks you want and all the ETF’s you want without paying any fee on them which is a really cool feature to have and not all the apps that will be listed have commission free on stocks in the ETF.
One great thing about them is that they offer a demo account because if you are a beginner when it comes to investing and you go to an app for the first time you don’t want to be lose money on some trades that you’re doing so, what’s cool about eToro is that you can open a demo account in which you don’t use real money you can use fake money to invest and see how it is which is really cool and I think it’s a must-have for investing apps especially if you are a beginner.
What’s more, eToro has its own social trading platform which I think it’s really unique and I’ve never seen before in any Investment apps. How it works is that you can literally follow people on the app just like a social media and copy the portfolio and follow them which means that you can allocate a percentage of your portfolio to follow another portfolio which I think made it the best apps to invest in stocks in Europe.
It’s literally going to do the exact same trades and you’re going to have the same results. So, if the person that you’re following makes 20$ in a month then you’re going to earn 20$ from this part too such a really cool feature to have, you can follow people that are doing some day trades, you can follow people that are investing in the long term and you’re going to get the same results as them but if you follow them you can actually lose money with that because if they are not performing well and they lose money you also lose money but I would not recommend this for anyone.
Another good feature of eToro is that it’s pretty well regulated app so you won’t have any problem with the security on it. However, it could improve because eToro is not listed on stock exchange which means that it’s not really the safest app out there.
- eToro have an inactivity fee, which means that if you use their platform and you’re not active on it for more than a year it’s going to charge you 10$ per month and if you continue using it depositing, buying stocks etc. you’re not going to have to pay this fee.
- eToro has a minimum deposit of $200 which means that if you don’t have $200 to put into the app you cannot create an account with eToro and that’s such a shame because so many other apps have no minimum deposit and you can just start investing right away by opening an account.
- Every single time that you’re going to withdraw money you will have to pay $5. So, if you want to withdraw money from eToro don’t do little payments, do big payments because you don’t want to spend too much money on fees.
- eToro only have a USD based account which means that every single time you deposit money into your account and withdraw money from your account, you will have to convert money into USD and convert back to your own currency and the problem with it is that you’re going pay conversion fees every single time you do this. I don’t really know why they only have a USD account that’s really something they have to improve in the future.
- eToro customer service isn’t the best and I’m not going to say that it’s the worst but it’s not as great as it could be.
eToro is a great app and one of best apps to invest in stocks in Europe but could improve on a lot of points especially with fees, in activity fees, minimum deposit but overall it’s a pretty interesting app and it’s a unique app because you can actually do this social trading platform where you can follow people and have the same portfolio as them.
2. Interactive Brokers
Interactive broker is a really good app because it’s been around for so long and it’s a really safe company which in my opinion is their biggest trend.
- Interactive broker have a really low buying fees but eToro they don’t have any commissions on stocks and ETFs while interactive broker does but it’s a really low fee even if you have to pay a fee on it it’s still really small.
- This app have an immense inventory of stocks and ETFs. They actually have way more than stocks and ETFs available, they have Crypto’s, they have CFD’s, they have pretty much anything that you can find with a market products are all on interactive brokers. If you want an app that has the biggest inventory of market products interactive broker is probably the best.
- Something really cool about interactive brokers compared to eToro is that they have no minimum deposit and no withdrawal fees which means that you can start investing with them with just $1 and you can also withdraw for free every single time and you can also do small payments.
- They have a decent customer service which definitely is a plus for them and their mobile platform is really easy to use, user friendly. So, if you are a beginner and you want to have interactive brokers it’s pretty easy to use on mobile.
- Their biggest strength is the safety because it’s a really well-regulated broker, you can find regulations from the ECC in the US, from the FCA in the UK and they also are listed on the NASDAQ which means that it’s pretty much the safest company that you’re going to find on this list.
- They have an inactivity fee but it’s a little bit different from eToro because its higher and you will have to pay it. Every month in which you’re inactive you’re going to have to pay a fee of $20 which really sucks in my opinion because when you want to invest into the long term you want to just put your money into an account and let it grow but you can’t really do that with interactive brokers because you get charged every month if you’re not using the app. Additionally, if you are 25 years old or younger you will only have to pay $3 every single month that you are inactive which is better but you still have to pay money.
- It’s pretty complicated to open an account with them so if you want to have the really like beginner-friendly app interactive broker is not really the one for this.
- You can only deposit money with bank transfers which is disappointing because with interactive brokers you can only use bank payments, you can’t use your credit cards, debit cards, cryptocurrency wallet or anything else so this is something I think they could really improve on.
If you want the safest platform that you can find in Europe I think interactive brokers is a pretty safe but on the other hand you’re pretty much sacrificing a little bit of optimization for example inactivity fees and stuff like this so it really depends on you. You really want a safe platform it’s a really great one and if you don’t want to pay any fees you might reconsider it.
This app Is actually a good and one of the best apps to invest in stocks and EFT’S in Europe, although they have a lot of pros but also have some big cons too.
- Trading212 don’t have any commission for stocks and ETFs which means that just like eToro if you want to buy a stock or an ETF you just buy the price of the stock or the ETF and nothing else no fees no commissions really cool.
- They have no inactivity fees, this is great for long-term investments.
- Trading212 have no withdrawal fees, so when you take your profits you literally don’t have to pay anything.
- They have no minimum deposit.
This four points together are in my opinion the biggest strength of trading212.
The app on mobile is super user friendly, really easy to navigate, easy to use for beginners and with Trading212 you can deposit with debit card, credit card, bank transfers, cryptocurrency wallets, anything that you have you can deposit with it which is a big plus and they have a pretty good customer service because they response is pretty quick.
- They only accept about nine currencies on the app which is a little bit disappointment in my opinion and I think they can do better.
- I believe they could offer more products because If you go with the invest account which is the free one with no commissions you don’t have access to cryptos, you don’t have access to any other like exotic market products, you only have stocks & ETFs.
- Trading212 safety is still a really safe platform but they could really improve with a lot of points. Although, they don’t have any banking license, they are not listed on stock exchanges and they don’t give any public financial information that’s in my opinion the biggest point that’s going to make people not come to trading212.
Trading212 for beginners and for long-term investors it’s a really good app to use. if you are concerned with the safety of the app I would say that you could go with another one but for me it’s the best apps to invest in stocks in Europe.
Degiro is a pretty known app and a lot of people are actually using it and also the app is actually a great place to invest in stocks and EFT’s plus they have a lot of products on stocks and EFT.
- Degiro have some of the lowest fees you can have in the market, you still have to pay some fees but you’re going to have to pay the lowest.
- They don’t have any activity fees. if you want to invest into the long term you can dump all your money at once and let it grow for the future without even touching it.
- They don’t have any minimum deposit which means that even if you’re a beginner you can just start investing with degiro with just $1.
- There‘s no withdrawal fees that’s something that a lot of people are waiting for because you don’t want to pay money every time you withdraw money.
- The account is pretty easy to open, so if you’re a beginner and you want an easy platform Degiro is a good one and also they have a really good user friendly platform. So for beginners I believe the Degiro is pretty good.
- They have an okay customer service that could improve but that’s already pretty good although they don’t have any live chat or any 24/7 response which is really not the worst but they still a good customer service.
- it’s a safe platform that’s well regulated but they are not listed on stock exchanges and they don’t give public financial information but I think they can improve on the safety.
- They don’t have any demo accounts which I think is mind-blowing because it’s so easy to set up an account and you don’t have to put real money so you can use fake money just to try the app out.
- Although, the fees are little but you still have to pay fees.
- You have a limited research tool available with Degiro. So, if you want to look for specifics in a stock or if you want to find new products or if you want to find anything new with a little bit of detail you’re not going to find it directly on the platform.
Degiro is a pretty good app and for beginners I believe it’s one of the best apps to invest in stocks in Europe. Although, they don’t have any demo account which Is pretty much recommended for anyone that wants to investing and I think that if they just did it the app would be way better.
Trading212 and Revolut are pretty similar in a lot of cases and they have some really low slash non-existent fees most of the time which is a good thing about revolut and of course you still have to pay a fee but it’s really small and just like trading212 you don’t have any activity fees, you don’t have any withdrawal fees and you don’t have any minimum deposit which is really good and it’s super easy to open an account and they are user friendly.
- You don’t have access to a demo account just like Degiro which is a big disappointment for me.
- You can only have a USD based account which means that every single time you’re going to put money into the app you’re going to have to pay a conversion fee and every time you’re going to withdraw back to your currency you’re still going to have to pay a conversion fee and revolut is known for it’s high conversion fee which is really bad. Over the long term you’re going to lose some pretty high amounts of money if you continue to transfer money on and off the app.
- They only offer stocks and crypto’s, if you want to have anything else you’re going to have to go to another app because revolut just doesn’t have them.
- You can’t buy ETFs on revolut which in my opinion is something they really need to change.
- Their customer service is really not that good and you can actually have calls with them but all calls are pre-recorded which in my opinion is disappointing, apparently you get a lot of inaccurate answers and I believe that they can really improve with that and they don’t give public financial information.
Revolut got a lot of big pros but also a lot of big cons which in my opinion just brings down the value of the app so much that I would not really recommend it at the moment but definitely something to keep on the side for later because if they improve their cons they can actually grow a lot.